Friday, April 13, 2012

Tokyo Day 1

We went on an adventure via Space A and spent some time exploring Tokyo. Fletcher came up with a plan on Saturday, saw open seats on a flight leaving two days later, and decided to make a go of it. Lucky for me, he's great at navigating and I'm great at going along for the ride. Monday mid-morning we were loading a C-130 with a few other families, strapped to pseudo-seats, given ear plugs, and heading to mainland. I have to admit, I was pretty alarmed when the crew chief's main advice was "if you hear a loud alarm, run as far away from the aircraft as possible", but looking around I didn't see any reservations on the other passengers. After a couple of hours and one person getting sick, we had landed in Fussa, Japan at Yokota AB. Let the fun begin!

No comments: