Sunday, May 6, 2012

LOUD Soccer Mom!



My greatest challenge to date is to muzzle my mouth during soccer season.  Maybe not my "greatest" challenge, but it's definitely a challenge.  I'm ultra-competitive.  Acknowledging the problem is the first step, right?  I was this way as a child, so apologies to my parents.  I find myself talking soccer strategy before and after practice with Fletcher and then Bennett and then back to Fletcher.....a lot.  He's 5!!!  Why is it that I think my 5 year old SHOULD score every game.  I was so close to yelling "get your elbows out and be tough" the last game that I made myself sit down.  Self-induced time out.  I'm sure there's a pill for this and I need to get my hands on a prescription.  The bright side.....most of the thoughts (and suggestions) I have never actually make it out of my mouth.  Not yet anyway.  One more game....Praying I make it through the season with my dignity still intact.

No comments: