Thursday, May 3, 2007

Bennett Goes to the Panhandle




About 2 years ago, my dad and stepmother moved to the panhandle of Texas just north of Amarillo. It's beautiful up there....a different way of life. Things move at a much slower pace. The horses are your alarm clock as they come stomp around near the porch letting you know it's time to get up and feed them. People fly their flags high because their proud to live in the Lonestar state. Another thing I love about Texas is that you wave to oncoming cars not necessarily because you recognize them, but because it's the friendly thing to do. They have neighbors, but you don't see them from their front porch. It's a little piece of heaven, as Fletcher put it. For us, it's a little like stepping back in time. Bennett loved spending time with his Papa and Grammy. We rode horses, planted flowers, and dined on delicious steak and grilled catfish. We can't wait to go back to the panhandle!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I wish I would have known you were heading to the panhandle. Amarillo is only 2 hrs from Brownfield and I would have loved to see you guys! I am so glad your Dad is doing well. It has been so long since I have seen him.
I hope everything is well with you guys. I love the blog. Keep it up!
Leslie

Susan said...

Hi Jill-

I found your blog thru Chesley's. Bennett is so cute...congrats. From what I can tell from your blog I think our kids are about the same age. If you want our blog is "John & Susie" on Chesley's.
Susan (Samp) Bernal

Taylor and Ryan said...

Hey~Ryan and I live in Calabasas, CA; he is in law school at Pepperdine in Malibu....it is a tough road, but we are doing well. I am so glad to know you are happy and have a beautiful family! Lots has happened since we met up with you at the white trash party years ago :) Take good care.