Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My First Mother's Day


OK, so now I get it. Sunday was Mother's Day and I've always thought of it as such a special day. I mean after all, it's the day I honor my mother. I've been blessed who I think is the best mother on the planet. She's the most supportive and selfless woman. No matter what my dream...no matter where I wanted to move, she was always right there with me. She drove with me 23 hours when I moved to San Diego. Now that's love! And now that I have Bennett, I celebrate Mother's Day on a whole new level. As this Mother's Day approached, I found myself so honored to be a part of such an elite group of women. Fletcher, Bennett and I were driving back to Atlanta from Nashville on Sunday and decided to stop at Lookout Mountain to enjoy the view. As I was sitting with Bennett on a bench, another lady looked over and said "Happy Mother's Day" to me. I then saw here little ones tagging behind her. As I said it back, I felt so proud to be a mother. I know it's a few days late, but to all the mothers....Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: