Thursday, August 30, 2007

Boys Will Be Boys




So I know I'm a little "type A" when it comes to keeping things organized and clean. I really try to let that go when it comes to Bennett. I try hard to let him get down and dirty and just be a boy. I try not to worry too much about his sweet potatoes running down his shirt or getting into his hair or cheerios on the floor. I try, but sometimes....


Tonight Fletcher took care of feeding Bennett while I cooked dinner. We were all chatting in the kitchen (I had my back to the shenanigans). Everything seemed to be running smoothly. I could hear Bennett giggling at his daddy making faces at him while feeding him. When I turned around....my goodness!!! I've never seen more food on that child. Did any of it make it into his mouth. The picture doesn't do it justice. I had to clean off the 20 cheerios that were stuck (really actually stuck) to Bennett's face, neck and hands. I even found a few in his little chubby creases around his thighs. Bennett couldn't have been happier. The more he could smear on his face or in his hair the more he giggled. And then the fun part....let's smear it on Mommy when she picks me up. Now that's talent. I know there's a lesson here. Boys will be boys! I'm lucky to have a wonderful husband who wants to help out. And then there's always bathtime!

1 comment:

Jason and Kyla said...

These are hilarious! What a cutie having so much fun with his dad! : )