Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Typhoon Season

Well, I would be lying if I said that I was surprised when we experienced our first typhoon in our first 2 months on the island. That's just how we roll....we like to keep everyone on their toes. :) My poor parents! My mom said it best yesterday with "everytime I talk to you, I have something new to pray about." Seems like she is right lately. BUT on the bright side, we're now as prepared as you can be for one of these storms having run out and stocked up on all the necessary supplies. The winds are definitely a force to be reckoned with and the waves I'm sure are a surfer's dream, but for us, it was great just watching from inside. When asking the sales clerk for advice on how the locals handle typhoons, I was told the old people go to a shopping center and the young go to the beach. Nice to know they have a sense of humor about these things. Here is some video I took of the beginning of the storm.

No comments: