Saturday, December 18, 2010

Meeting the Big Man






We went to a Christmas party for Fletcher's work on Wednesday night. There was a clown making balloon animals and a pretty elf painting faces. I think we've found the way to these kids' hearts....balloon animals! What a hit! Give these kids a sword made out of balloons, put a batman sign on their cheek and they'll be happy for hours! At least Bennett will be. Beau loved his balloon gun, but wanted nothing to do with the face painting. As a mom, should I be concerned that my children request balloon weapons in place of animals??? If so, we've got a problem. Although this was a potluck party, Bennett and Beau wanted nothing to do with the food. That was a waste of time as far as they were concerned. Santa arrived around 7:30 just in time to pass out a few gifts. Beau was a little hesitant, but warmed up when the big man offered him a wrapped gift. Bennett was on best behavior exuding a never before seen patience and calmness waiting on his named to be called. I wish I could see that calmness more often, but I'll take what I can get. This time of year really is the best! Seeing everything through the eyes of children make renew the joy in the little things. I do have to say we so miss being near family during the holidays and hope this is just one of the few that we'll spend away from loved ones. We're counting our blessings and sending love back home.
P.S. I had to throw in one pic of Beau playing at home. Some of the things he puts on cracks me up!

No comments: