Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bangkok Trip






Earlier this month I got to go on a girls' trip.  Back in the states a girls' trip meant heading up the road a couple of hours to a condo at the beach, but now.....well, considering we live on a tiny little island in the Pacific, the criteria has changed.  Along with 17 other ladies, I hopped a flight to Bangkok for 4 days to explore, ride an elephant, get massages, and shop.  If it sounds heavenly, that's because it was.  The timing couldn't have been more perfect.  I was coming off a month of single-parenting while Fletcher was in Guam and weathering two typhoons....the second one leaving us without power for almost 3 days.  Needless to say, by the time I boarded the plane to Thailand, I had broken out in hives which seems to be what happens when I'm stressed.  Those hives disappeared pretty quickly upon arrival.  We toured the Grand Palace, a few temples, rode an elephant, watched a "lady-boy" show, and laughed way too hard.  I came back refreshed and ready for my next adventure (beginning just two days later).

No comments: