Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Heading Out to Sea










Well, I like to think I'm an eternal optimist, BUT these days are the ones I like the least. "These days" referring to days when Fletcher leaves us for a while. And to say "like the least" is really an understatement...I despise them. Not because I worry about being alone or taking care of the boys, but we just miss him. We four are a pretty tight group.:) Now having said that, no more pity party. It is what it is, right?!

Just a brief description of our drop-off day with Fletcher....he had a meeting on the ship yesterday morning, so the boys and I drove him out to White Beach. We did some exploring killing time while he worked. Lucky for me, we stumbled across a television with the Cowboy/Dolphin game on where my brilliant Bennett held up his fingers and shouted "hook 'em horns" to everyone eating their lunch. Proud mama moment. :) The boy is half Texan! When Fletcher was done with his meeting, we had lunch at Naps which is a fun little BBQ place on base. We knocked around for a couple more hours at White Beach just trying to absorb as much of Fletcher as we could. We said our goodbyes around 3 pm and let him get on the ship. The boys did great. They were so eager to be helpful trying to give Fletcher a hand with his bag. They're absolutely amazing with this whole situation considering all that they've been through in the last 4 months or so. And Bennett told me last night that he's sad Daddy had to get on the ship because he'll miss him. But he said we'll just say our prayers for him every night. I wonder....do these kids learn as much from me as I do from them?

No comments: