Saturday, September 25, 2010

Making Friends




The kids are doing great, but I know they miss their friends because they talk about them a lot. Bennett tells stories with Ali and Libby as characters. He often mentions going to play with Will and Claire Hennessey. So today when I saw the neighbor and his little friend come outside I told Bennett to ask them over. He was a little nervous and wanted me to do it. We have the best yard in the area, so I invited the boys over to play soccer in our yard. They were gracious enough to come and were really wonderful with the kids. These boys were 10 yrs old and barely speak any english, but there were so sweet to play with the kids. Bennett's confidence went through the roof when he was able to kick back and forth with one of the boys. Beau rules the roost, so he immediately took charge and began bossing the other little boy around. They were good sports and I was so grateful to them for helping make my boys feel special.

No comments: