Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Family Day




The boys know during the week it's preschool and the weekend is all about family time. We talk about it all week and discuss what we'd like to do. I find that my prayer this deployment is that I can be a good representation of not just me, but also of Fletcher while he's gone. Fletcher wouldn't waste a second of a beautiful Saturday. SO we packed our beach bag full of our beach necessities and headed out for a day of fun in the sun. We went about 10 minutes up the street to Torii Station (the Army Base). Because "we're" early risers....not me, but my two little alarm clocks....we were the second family on the beach and had our pick of the umbrella and chairs. We set up camp and went to digging the in the sand. Normally, that would be Fletcher and the boys. I'm not much of a sand castle builder, but today I was. We dug and dug, looked at crabs, and picked up sea glass. We found some great pieces. The boys were so fun to watch. It was hot, but thank goodness we had the umbrella for shade. We so miss Fletcher on days like this, but we're going to get out and explore just like he would have us doing if he were here. Hopefully he'll be able to see the boys' adventures on the blog.

No comments: