Thursday, September 16, 2010

Our Stuff is Here!!!









The movers came!!!! After 3 weeks in a hotel and 6 weeks in an empty house, the movers came and brought all of our familiar things we love so much. They are just things, but there's something wonderful about sleeping in your own bed and sitting on your own couch. It has been a very busy couple of days, but the boys did great and couldn't have been more excited to have their toys. If I hadn't had a pen and clipboard in hand when they unboxed their first toys, I would've had those priceless grins and cheers on video. Bennett has lived in his policeman costume and Beau is so thrilled his big red chair made the move. The only casualty to speak of are the screws to Beau's twin bed. Thankfully, they were able to put together Bennett's bed with the trundle, so everyone has a spot to sleep. The boys have claimed "Daddy's bed" anyway. I'm no fan of the family bed, but I have two little visitors come running in every night around 2 am. Here comes one and the other follows pretty quickly behind. Both climb in on Fletcher's side and go back to sleep. I'm sure later I'll kick myself for not putting my foot down, but as for now....sleep is precious. Still have things to put away, still need a rug, etc, but for the most part we're set up and functioning....and I must say it feels good. Now if Fletcher would just get back. :)
P.S. Normally wouldn't go around to every room to take pictures, but at Fletcher's request. I'm sure he'd like to see what he's coming home to.

2 comments:

Callie said...

Wow! Looks like you have everything unpacked! Looks like you have a good amount of space too. Not what I was thinking at all. AS for the sleeping arrangments...what ever works. Thats my new moto!

Callie said...

Wow! Looks like you have everything unpacked! Looks like you have a good amount of space too. Not what I was thinking at all. AS for the sleeping arrangments...what ever works. Thats my new moto!